Sunday, January 20, 2013

New tools plus Nori Puncher Review


Found some cute rice moulds, and got two nori punchers, $2 per packet. I set the punchers to use right away.

These punchers are made of plastic, with a metal spring, and are much bigger than the Daiso ones. What I like best about them is - they're dismantleable (is there such a word?). In the picture below, I've taken them apart for washing, and the various nooks and crannies are waiting to dry.



Now for the actual usage. As long as the nori is crisp, the cutters punch clean and sharp about 9 out of 10 tries. (To make soggy nori crisp again, simply toast a single layer in a toaster oven for about 2-3 min.)

It should be noted that the punchouts are about 1.5 times bigger than the Daiso ones, which is especially obvious in the face punch. But that's no problem for me.

Overall, I give these punchers 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...