Wednesday, October 17, 2012

French Madeleines

I'm having a long break from bento, firstly because Mr Roast Meat was ill last Thursday and Friday, and secondly, the first four days of this week are what we call PSLE marking days, where all the teachers in Singapore are involved in marking the PSLE papers, so there's no school at all for the children. How happy they are.

Unfortunately, everyone in the family is taking turn to fall ill, so we have mostly been stuck at home, save short trips to the neighbourhood market or heartland mall to get meals and some much needed groceries.

Since my 2yo is feeling better today (and hence not so sticky to me), I found a chance to make a batch of these babies. Bought my madeleine tray last week from Phoon Huat. Just for the record, I buttered some moulds but left some ungreased (this is the scientist in me speaking). No difference in final product, all popped out easily. So I won't bother to grease them in future.


And here are the amazing yummies. Light and slightly crispy on the outside. Bit lacking in the flavour department though.


I hope there'll be at least a couple left for Friday's bento(s). School resumes on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...